Crested Society

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Crested Society

Post  FinchG on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 pm

CRESTED SOCIETY ------These birds can have a full crest on the crown, some even have double crest. Crested Societies can be found in all most all color varieties but is more common in the pied forms. The Crest mutation is Marked White and only one parent need be crested to produce good crested offspring. However, I find that there is no danger in breeding crest to crest in societies. Furthermore, the idea that a bird can be crest bred, implying that is somehow carries the gene from a crested parent is absurd. This statement appeared in Finches and Softbill Birds by Bates and Busenbark and has been perpetuated since then. There is no fact or truth to the statement.
scoietyfinch.com

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

default Pictures

Post  Cando on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Ino crested society

Fawn crested

Chocolate marked white
Cando
FG Friend
FG Friend

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 21

Back to top Go down

default Re: Crested Society

Post  FinchG on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Candace, I love those pictures, thank you for posting them. Crested are my favorites as you can tell by my pictures in chitchat. smile1

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

default Re: Crested Society

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum