How Many Finches Is Enough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default How Many Finches Is Enough?

Post  FinchG on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 pm

I wanted to come on here and admit, " I Have A Finch-Addiction."

ad·dic·tion   /əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled
[uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA

–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

I know from what I have read there is no cure.

I keep craving finches and I can't stop thinking about the next "finch" and when can I get one.

I keep thinking about getting more cages and where I can find space for them so I can put more finches in them.

I know you are thinking, I can stop this finch habit by just finding another outlet for my "Finch" addiction or try going "cold turkey".

My friends don't come around as much because they don't have a Finch-Addiction and don't understand why I can't just stop talking about Finches and why I am always wondering where my next Finch is coming from.

I wanted to write this in case anyone out there is thinking of getting a Finch.

Once you get one Finch, you can't stop!! happy1
Maybe we could start our own "Finch Can't Stop With One" group FCSWO

FinchG

gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1 java1 society1 gouldian1

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

default Re: How Many Finches Is Enough?

Post  Paradise Aviary on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

It is definetly a disease without a cure and personally I hope they never find a cure either laughing1 I've had finches since I was 5 yrs old they have been a part if my life for as long as I can remember and it will always be that way. I hope that some day in the future I can acomplish opening a pet or finch pet shop like the one candace has happy1 but for now its only an addictive hooby that cant be stoped. Luckily I moved out of the appartment I use to live in so now i can keep as many birds as I want I just recently purchased a pair of canaries and red faced stars, and the stars are sitting on 7 eggs already what1 Yup they work fast embarassed1 ... Hopefully within the next year or two I can buy my own home and start a huge aviary that I've been planning. I want to breed at least 1 of every species of finch. My next 2 pairs are going to be Greeback Twinspots and Forbes Parrot finches I can't wait hurray1

Rancel

Green Singing Pair
Blue Capped Cordon Blue Pair
Gold Breasted Pair
Lady Gouldion Pair
Fire Finch Pair
Star Pair
Canary Pair
3 Zebra Finches
Paradise Aviary
FG Friend
FG Friend

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Finch minds think alike, I would like the same things.

Star's are the next ones I want, and you already have them with 7 eggs

You have the "finch touch"

I am glad you have more room now to have as many as you want. I keep looking for more space to put more cages, my problem is I want them all to be where I can watch them and pretty soon I won't have space for me.

Yes, I admit it, I have the finch disease.

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradise Aviary on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 pm

laughing1 thankyou happy1 and yes 7eggs I was amazed I thought maybe for her size she would lay 4 eggs maybe 5 but Yup 7 what1..... I love the stars and im sure you will too they are very interesting the male spends all day singing for the female. Its not a very laud or elaborate song like other species have but with the beautiful plumage they have they don't need much of a song to capture my attention. They are not shy to try new things they are the first to try new seeds, pellets, veggies, fruits or anything else I feed them. Hopefully you can get your pair soon good luck

Rancel

Green Singing Pair
Gold Breasted Pair
Lady Gouldion Pair
Fire Finch Pair
Star Pair
Canary Pair
3 Zebra Finches
Paradise Aviary
FG Friend
FG Friend

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:57 pm

If I hint enough maybe I can get a pair for Christmas if I can find any. Do you keep your in a seperate cage or in a mixed avairy?

Isn't this great to have forums to chat, I don't know anyone around me that have finches so I put all my questions and comments on here. My husband likes the birds but we don't talk about them so this is where I go and online always looking/reading information.

Thank you for sharing about your Stars, can't wait till those eggs hatch. When is their hatch date?

Last edited by FinchG on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

FinchG

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradise Aviary on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Give him hints he will figure it out sooner or later thumbsp1.... Mines right now are in a separate cage because they are in quarentine, but eventually they will be going into my mixed aviary / flight. She just started to incubate about 2 nights ago so we still have a long way to go and yes im glad to have all these sites to chat and learn, share experiences, the ups and the downs. It's very helpful and you get to meet a lot of nice people who share the same passion.

Rancel

Green Singing Pair
Gold Breasted Pair
Lady Gouldion Pair
Fire Finch Pair
Star Pair
Canary Pair
3 Zebra Finches
Paradise Aviary
FG Friend
FG Friend