New Finches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default New Finches

Post  FinchG on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm

For Christmas I got 2 Orange Cheeked Waxbills from my daughter and a large flight cage.
The orange cheeks are smaller than the societies, they fly so fast round the cage its almost a blur. They are a lot more nervous than my societies and they "beep" when they are hopping from perch to perch. They do not go in the wicker nest to sleep, they sleep on their perch, I do cover one side of their cage so they will feel more secure and have some plastic plants in one corner.
I have been trying to read as much as I can find on the internet but
most of the information is the same.
I have not heard any singing, so they may be both females. I did read that for breeding they would need live food and since I have not ever fed live food I am not sure if I want to.
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

default Re: New Finches

Post  FinchG on Sun May 22, 2011 8:50 am

5/21/11
My Orange cheeked waxbills have been in with the socities since January and they all get along.
The OC do seem to wait until the societies eat, then they eat, same with the bath.
I have seen the OC's beep at the societies if they get to close to them but they show no other agression.
I am sure if they ever started breeding the agression could be worse, I think they are both the same sex since they sleep on a perch they probably would not lay eggs and I have never heard them sing, only short beeps.
MY OC did not sleep in a nest even when they were in a cage alone. The societies take over the other two nests so I don't think the OC would ever be able to have a nest while they are with the societies, i may put them back in their own cage again.

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum