New CFW Hens from a friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default New CFW Hens from a friend

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:47 pm

I was given 2 CFW hens and they sure are pretty. I had a couple before but gave up all my Zebs. So here I go again. I would like to find a really pretty male for one of them.

Back to top Go down

default Re: New CFW Hens from a friend

Post  FinchG on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm

They are very pretty, I like the white. Will they cause problems in the avairy? From what I have read about them they can be pretty agressive. There are so many combinations of them, I hope you find a pretty male.

I am going to move your post to Finch chat so others can see them.

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm

These two according to my friend who said they were very quiet when she had them well that has changed a bit.... When I got them I put them
in my flight cage and they couldn't fly from one side to the other so they claimed this perch and would not allow any other bird to land there.
They do their fare share of chasing and fighting and they are learning to fly across the flight. If I get a male for one of them they will be in a cage by
themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 am

With all your space in your aviary and no male maybe they won't bother the others. You had Zebras before so you already know what to expect and its good that you will put them in a seperate cage when you get a male because I too think they will bother your other non-agressive species.

You posted the picture of your flight but you didn't have your birds in it. Can you post a new picture with your birds in it? I really like the size of it and you have it decorated to pretty.

FinchG
Lots Of Societies, 11 Gouldians, 4 Orange Cheek Waxbills, 2 Orange Weavers, 3 Spice Finches,1 Quaker, 1 Conure and 2 Lineolated Parakeets

FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 518

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum